Union Pacific train PWCWC2 25 (Passenger; West Colton CA to West Colton CA) originated at West Colton Yard on Saturday, January 25th and headed west. At Bassett, it reversed direction and headed west on Metrolink's San Bernardino Line to Covina, where it was broken up and engine 1996 (the Southern Pacific Heritage unit) was sent further east to Pomona, where it picked up UP 4-8-8-4 "Big Boy" 4014 from the Los Angeles County Fairgrounds (Fairplex) in the wee hours of Sunday morning. After the 4014 was removed, it was taken to Covina, and the UP equipment traded to the RailGiants Museum (at Fairplex) that owned the 4014 (SD40-2 3105, a box car and a caboose) were taken to Fairplex. Meanwhile, at Covina, UP SD70M 4884 (the number is the same as the Big Boy's wheel arrangement - a clever move on someone's part!), UP 4014 and UP 1996 were on display at the Metrolink station from 7:00 to 8:00 am. Then, the remains of the train were reassembled and the train headed west once again to Bassett, where the train switched back over to the UP's line, and then headed east to West Colton Yard. This was the 4014's first substantial forward-facing move in 52 years! The train headed through Pomona heading east, and this was the 4014's second visit to Pomona that day, but on a different line a few miles south of Metrolink's line. The train is seen here on the former Southern Pacific Sunset Route, passing the old SP passenger station (which is still a stop for the tri-weekly "Sunset Limited"). The line in the foreground is the original UP line, which also sees Metrolink service (and this is the Metrolink Pomona station). The train consists of SD70M 4884, 4-8-8-4 4014, SD70ACe 1996, ten covered hoppers for braking needs, and SD40Ns 1739 and 1596 (rebuilt from SD40-2s). The train's maximum speed was 20 miles per hour. And ... a passenger train? Just look at the load of passengers on the 4014's tender!