Thunderstorms rumble off the Cascade Range as NP Rotary Snowplow No. 10 stands sentinel alongside the Northwest Railway Museum mainline outside of downtown Snoqualmie. This proud warrior was built for the NP in 1907 as a coal-fired plow with a wood body, and was later retrofitted with a steel body and converted to burn oil. The massive rotating wheel measures 9 feet, 8.5 inches in diameter. Primarily used in clearing heavy snows on nearby Stampede Pass, the plow was retired in 1964 and donated to the museum in 1968.