Regrettably, the Roman town of Castleford has precious little historical, architectural or pictorial merit and it is only on leaving the urban and industrial development that more pleasing rural landscape is reached, as here at New Fryston about a mile from the town. On the right can be seen the remains of Hickson and Partners (later Hickson & Welsh) a large chemical plant that produced TNT until the end of the Great War. In July 1930 an huge explosion flattened the factory killing 13 workers and injuring 32 others. 300 nearby houses were made uninhabitable and windows and roofs throughout the town were damaged. British Pathe News reported it as "Castleford like an earthquake, 13 killed, hundreds injured and many rendered homeless". In 1931 new company 'Hickson and Welch' was formed. On the 21st. of September 1992 the plant exploded once more killing five employees. The toll could have been even greater than the 1930 explosion as it occurred near an office building but fortunately it was lunchtime. The plant closed about a decade ago and the site is being demolished and (slowly) remediated of contaminants. The passage of 44932 is rather more peaceful!