At Paris St Lazare in 1966, passenger trains are moved by steam, diesel and electric power. On the left, a suburban service with a 2-8-2T of the 141TD series leaves the station. On the center, a long distance train starts its journey with a brand new BB 67000 diesel. And on the right, the 1930’s “standard” EMUs (3rd rail) keep serving a fair share of the St Lazare suburbs. The new 25KV DC catenary that will eliminate steam the following year is not yet in use.