In 2010, the Bavarian Railway Museum (Bayerisches Eisenbahnmuseum, http://www.bayerisches-eisenbahnmuseum.de) celebrated 175 years of railway in Bavaria. For this occasion, they restored the Bavarian S3/6, 18 478 (former number K.Bay.Sts.B. 3673), built by Maffei in 1918. Here, we see it on a charter train from Augsburg to Lindau in southern Germany. The Class S 3/6 steam locomotives of the Royal Bavarian State Railways (later Class 18.4-5 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn) were express train locomotives. 89 of these locomotives were built for the Royal Bavarian State Railways and 70 for the Deutsche Reichsbahn. This unit was the last one built before the advent of the Deutsche Reichsbahn in 1918.