IATR 50 has a short freight train on the main line, and CNS&M 727 has just left the carbarn at Emery (IATR owner Dave Johnson is at the controls). The Iowa Traction is the last operating interurban freight railroad in the United States.
IATR 50 was built by Baldwin-Westinghouse in October 1920, #53784, as Washington & Old Dominion No. 50. The 50-tonner was acquired by the Cedar Rapids & Iowa City in 1947 was rebuilt and runumberd 58. In 1955 it was sold to the Kansas City - Kaw Valley Railroad and became their No. 507. In 1962 the motor was sold to the Iowa Terminal and renumbered 53, later 50.
No. 727 was built by Cincinnati Car in 1926 under order 2890 as Chicago North Shore & Milwaukee 727. In 1963 it was purchased by the Iowa Chapter NRHS for use in excursion service on the Southern Iowa Railway. After the group's car 101 burned, it was sold to car to the Iowa Terminal in 1968 and repainted and renumbered 102. The car was acquired by the Iowa Trolley Park in 1987 and for several years was used on short trips between Clear Lake and Mason City. Restored as CNS&M 727, it was returned to Iowa Traction in the 1990s and is now kept in their carbarn at Emery.