Delivered between 1948 and 1952, the 241P were the most powerful Mountains in Europe. The units based in Chaumont were used on the Paris-Mulhouse (-Basel) passenger trains. This was one of their most famous services. It lasted from 1962 to 1968. On May 8 2010, for the first time after 42 years, a 241P travelled again the entire Paris-Mulhouse line.