A boxcab P5a motor grinds west with what appears to be empty ore hoppers (probably coming from South Amboy and heading to PA coal fields). When first built in 1933, the P5a was to be an electric K4, but they were soon demoted to freight service (with the arrival of the P5am and then the GG1). Crews did not like the unsafe cab position and they rode very rough. They were built by Altoona, Baldwin, and Lima. They lasted in performing freight duty until the early 1960s when they were replaced by new GE E44s.