RailPictures.Net Photo: Ann Arbor Railroad Railrad Car Ferry at Elberta, Michigan by David Hedlund
 
  Login Sign Up 

Photo Location Map Locomotive Details Location/Date of Photo


Ann Arbor Railroad (more..)
Railrad Car Ferry (more..)
Lake Michigan (more..)
Elberta, Michigan, USA (more..)
April, 1979
Locomotive No./Train ID Photographer
Unknown
Unknown
David Hedlund (more..)
Contact Photographer Photographer Profile 
Remarks & Notes 
Ann Arbor Railroad Car Ferry Viking was launched on December 30, 1924 as ANN ARBOR NO. 7 and had a capacity 30 rail cars. In 1964 she was rebuilt and her original triple expansion steam engines were replaced with four diesel electric engines and was renamed Viking. In April, 1982 the Ann Arbor terminated railroad car ferry service. Photo taken while fishing.
Community Response Photo Comments (20) 
Views: 7,526*     Favorited: 37
Since added on September 03, 2011

+ Add to Favorites

+ Nominate for People's Choice

+ Subscribe

+ Add to Photo Album

+ Post a Photo Comment
* Views on this page updated in real-time.

 User Photo Albums Containing this Photo (1)+ Add to Album
Boatpictures.net

Album created by member Jean-Marc Frybourg
Album Views: 33,510
Ships of all kinds
Add to Photo Album or Get Your Own Photo Album


EXIF Data for this photo: [What's this?]

This image contains EXIF headers - Click Here to show the data.



Photo Copyright 2011 David Hedlund. All Rights Reserved. Photo Usage Policy
This website Copyright © 2002-2014. All Rights Reserved.