The Whitehorse trolley is a heritage streetcar service that is running in Whitehorse. It uses a single reconditioned trolley which carries tourists along Whitehorse's waterfront along the Yukon River. It runs from the Rotary Peace Park, located on the south end of the city centre, up to the north end of the city centre at Spook Creek Station. The trolley originally served in Lisbon, Portugal, from 1925 to 1978. It was sold to Whitehorse in 2000. The trolley is a narrow-gauge vehicle, and runs on the track built for the White Pass and Yukon Route. It has a capacity of 25 passengers. The electricity to power its electric motors comes not from overhead trolley wires, but instead from a diesel generator towed (or pushed) on a trailer.