M-177 was part of an order for 21 EMC Model 148s delivered in 1929. It's body was built by Pullman. It had a baggage, coach, smoking, and RPO section. The car last operated on a line between Pampa, TX, and Clinton, OK, in October 1953, when retired to Topeka, KS, where it remained until its donation to Travel Town in 1958. Mechanically, M-177 is the only surviving Model 148 with its original Winton gasoline engine. An aborted restoration effort about a decade ago left the car half-finished.