A pair of GP9's with four cars in tow work their way south of Pine City on this late summer morning.
While Harris was incorporated in 1884, trains have been a part of the landscape since 1869 when rails were laid by the Lake Superior & Mississippi Railroad.
A NP heritage themed St. Croix Valley RR local passes thru the countryside south of Rush City.
A southbound St. Croix Valley RR local nears Harris with a pair of Geeps that just had 'Radio Equipped' emblems put on beneath the cab windows the previous weekend.
A pair of Geeps with NP inspired paint, owned by the St. Croix Valley Railroad and run on part of the former Skally line rest on a Sunday afternoon near the SCXY depot/office in Rush City, MN afte... (more)
A pair of St. Croix Valley geeps rest next to the short line's depot/office on a nice Sunday afternoon in Rush City. Come Monday, it'll be back to work.
It's a cold Minnesota night made evident by the icicles hanging off the roof of the St. Croix Valley Railroad office as the two geeps idle nearby keeping themselves warm.
A pair of SCXY GP9 geeps keep warm idiling outside the shortlines office/depot while an ex-BN GP10 on lease from ILSX sits quietly on the other side of the building on this cold and clear February... (more)
The Pride of the (former) Skally Line. SCXY 1363, showing its NP inspired Heritage paint scheme, sits idling outside the SCXY RR office on a cold but clear February night.
The two Northern Pacific inspired GP9's that serve the St. Croix Valley Railroad sit outside the office on a cold February night.
After a trip up to Hinckley, MN to pick up a 30 car BNSF transfer of grain loads, the GP9 duo from the St. Croix Valley RR roll south down the former NP Skally Line as we continue our trip back in... (more)
A pair of St. Croix Valley geeps rest next to the shortline's depot/office as a storm front moves in from the north.
Saint Croix Valley's weekday turn to the BNSF interchange at Hinckley departs south with a healthy train of wheat destined for the flour mill at Rush City.
St. Croix Valley units stand at Rush City, ready to go out after a heavy rain.
Some of the last operating stop sign equipped Griswolds in the state can be found in Harris, MN. The NP inspired power seems to fit right in with the old relics.