A pair of rebuilt GP16 workhorses are seen at the Mississippi Central Holly Springs yard in North Mississippi. PREX 1604 was built in 1950 as a GP7 for the Charleston and Western Carolina Railway.... (more)
MSCI 1604 leads a cut of cars south for storage just a few miles from Holly Springs.
MSCI 488 leads a cut of cars south to Holly Springs, MS.
The Mississippi Central Railroad made a rare trip to Oxford to pick up 38 box cars to bring back to Holly Springs. This photo depicts the lead unit coming out of the woods, about to cross under HW... (more)
PREX 109 sits among the stored cars at Grand Junction, TN on what once was the IC Jackson District. The Jackson District once ran between Jackson, TN to Water Valley Junction where it met with the... (more)
MSCI 488 leads a cut of cars south for storage.
Mississippi Central's two beat up GP16's lead a cut of cars south for storage.
MSCI 488 backs a cut of cars north through the tree tunnel bound for storage.
MSCI 488 backs a cut of cars north for storage.
PREX 109 sits waiting on the next job at the northern end of the Mississippi Central Railroad.
After dropping cars off for storage, MSCI 488 prepares to head south back to Holly Springs.
MSCI 488 backs a cut of cars north, past the BNSF interchange, for storage.
MSCI 1604 leads a cut of cars south for storage.
MSCI 488 backs a cut of cars into storage in rural Mississippi just north of Holly Springs.