A perfect set of EMD F7's A-B-B-A in the lead F7(A) 564.
LV RS Allentown engine facility
Four U23B's roll an eastbound train into Treichlers. The Lehigh Valley's last new power was financed by URSA as a precursor to Conrail.
Train AM-1, with 74 cars and interleaved C420's and RS11's, passes the New Jersey Zinc Company's west plant in Palmerton. The zinc company was by far the largest employer in Palmerton, but the by-... (more)
The "Hazleton man" rolls through the village of Treichlers on a hot July day. With five LV dynamic brake-equipped SW8's, a few cars of mixed freight, and a string of empty hoppers for th... (more)
Three-quarters of the Lehigh Valley's GP38AC roster lead eastbound train LV-4 across the Delaware River and into Phillipsburg. Today's consist has 36 cars, including covered hoppers carrying cemen... (more)
A Cape May Seashore Lines extra heads back to Tuckahoe for the evening after running trips for the Richland Village Festival. Lehigh Valley F7A 576 is in the consist, and made its first revenue ru... (more)
After doing a little bit of college touring at Rochester Institute of Technology, I had made time to visit the Rochester & Genesee Valley Railroad Museum. One will notice the EMD control stand in ... (more)
LV 212 idles in Bethlehem engine terminal. This tired unit came to the LV from the Penn Central in 1972 as a trade for the original 212, an even more tired RS2. The PC, which controlled the LV, us... (more)
Conrail is a week shy of being one year old, and so far, LV 224 has escaped renumbering. The ex-LV caboose with it, however, has been given the full blue paint treatment.
A Lehigh Valley eastbound manifest waits for a clear signal to proceed eastward through Pittston Junction.
The lead unit is a former PRR RS11m, built in 1957.
Note the second unit ... (more)
High above the Delaware River, Lehigh Valley train NE-1, with 99 cars, makes its exit from New Jersey.
Palmerton was a gritty town in the heyday of the New Jersey Zinc Company. Train AS-1 (Allentown - Sayre) passes the west plant, which is almost completely veiled in its own pollution.
1950 built S-12 #243 idles at the west end of Coxton Yard.
LV #637 leads a C628 trio on an eastbound at the north (RR west) end of Coxton Yard in Duryea, Pennsylvania. All those boxcars were probably picked up at the P&G paper mill in Mehoopany.