Chattahoochee Valley Beginning operations in 1897, this small connecting line was built by the West Point Manufacturing Company to help serve the numerous textile mills along the banks of... (more)
This little railroad is now long gone. When we visited the only other unit was an RS-1.
Chattahoochee Valley 2-8-0 #21 sits along with "The General II" a 4-4-0 from the Stone Mountain Railway, at the Southeastern Railway Museum in Duluth GA.
Chattahoochee Valley #21 sits in West Point with a Atlanta NRHS Chapter excursion in May 1961. #21 was built in 1924 by Baldwin for passenger service on the TAG. She was sold to the Chattahoochee ... (more)
With a fresh coat of paint, this boxcar pays tribute to the textile mills of West Point Stevens.
Returning with an empty. Yashicamat 124-G; Kodacolor
Yard work at a local mill for the CHV. Yashicamat 124-G; Kodacolor
Shop forces work to keep their Alco on the road. Yashicamat 124-G; Kodacolor