An Indiana Harbor Belt train clatters over the former Gulf, Mobile & Ohio at Argo Crossing. The tower was closed in 1993 and demolished shortly thereafter.
In a scene that will soon disappear forever, an unpatched Lehigh Valley NW2 spends the weekend next to the Coxton sanding tower. In general, the local units hung on to their legacy roads’ numbers ... (more)
This 1945 NW2 began life on the DL&W, working through the Erie-Lackawanna merger and the Conrail consolidation. Some information suggests that it spent some time on the Brandywine Valley before en... (more)
While still under Bethlehem Steel ownership, five Conemaugh & Black Lick EMD switchers idle on the lead to the enginehouse. Three NW2’s and two SW7’s, all vintage 1950 and earlier, are in the line... (more)
Hiding in an industrial area of Cheraw, South Carolina, on October 17th, 2008, is South Carolina Central SW1200r #8. This engine was built by EMD as Phelps-Dodge NW2 #8. PHDX sold the engine to ... (more)
An EMD NW2 that was built in September 1949 is westbound on the Conrail (ex NYC Michigan Central) Porter Branch at Willow Creek Junction. The local freight is en route from the Porter/South Burns ... (more)
Westbound BRC job passing through Pullman Jct south side of Chicago
Ozark Mountain Railcar #2 which was originally owned by Wabash Railway.
The Baltimore & Annapolis Railroad participated in the Ferndale Days celebration by operating a series of short excursions powered by a C&O NW2. One of those excursions is seen rolling through Lan... (more)
1065 pulls a cut of cars under the C&O bridge which goes to Union Station , in the back ground is the C&O line to Indiana.
ex Upper Merion & Plymouth 1009, nee T&P 1009
Milwaukee Road NW2 #1649
This engine was built in 1947 and arrived at the Monticello Railway Museum in 2000. It's restoration (it is operable) was completed in late 2003. Just one of ma... (more)
Union Pacific D.S. No. 1011 switches cars at Heber, Utah, on February 9, 2006. This vintage 1,000 h.p. locomotive was built by EMD in 1940, and served UP until 1977. The retired locomotive went to... (more)