Three Southern painted MP15DC's the 2367,2364 and 2363 return to the Ludlow shops from Cincinnati.
NS C36-7 8512 leads a southbound onto the first district
of the CNO&TP after crossing the Ohio River and leaving Cincinnati behind.
Former EMD GP59 demonstrator 9 now NS 4607 sits
by the shops at Ludlow Ky. waiting to be put into service.
NS 5514 sits outside the shop building in Ludlow Ky.
Rows of stored locomotives at the little used NS engine terminal in Ludlow Ky.
The 2008 Cincinnati Southern Inspection Train comes of the Ohio River bridge at Ludlow Ky. The train is enroute to Chattanooga.
C&O "Chapel Hill" brings up the rear of the 2007 Cincinnati Southern Railway inspection train. The train ran from Cincinnati to Chattanooga on May 11 and returned the following day. The train was ... (more)
N&W 611 backs out of the yard at Ludlow Ky with the Cincinnati Railroad Club excursion "The Knoxville Special" in July of 1993. The train ran from Cincinnati to Knoxville on the 10th and returned ... (more)
Southern 4501 sits at the NS Engine Terminal in Ludlow Ky after leading a couple of Cincinnati Railroad Club excursions. 4501 was a replacement for N&W 1218.
A southbound train begins its climb up Erlanger Hill at Ludlow Yard. In addition to the C40-9W leading the train, the line up of locomotives includes two C39-8's and a high hood SD40-2.
Getting ready for another trip through the Rathole.
Operated long hood forward, in Southern's diesel tradition.
Under cloudy autimn skies, an NS steel coil train heads up Erlanger Hill over the first of several impressive steel trestles.