A mix of first and second generation diesels await assignment at Rio Grande's Roper Diesel Shop in South Salt Lake on April 16, 1976.
After dropping off a train of coal empties at Valley Camp, the Pleasant Valley Local passes Scofield Dam on its return to Helper Yard.
EMD power from Southern Pacific, Chicago & North Western and Motive Power Industries pull a 90 car MDVRO through Riverton on July 27, 1997.
Due to trackwork on the freight main, the Salt Lake Sub Dispatcher routed a Roper bound manifest through the Rio Grande Passenger Station in Salt Lake City on Aug. 13, 1997.
Returning from the Kennecott Copper interchange yard in Magna, Rio Grande GP40 No. 3132 meets Burlington Northern GP28M No. 1520 at Midvale on Aug. 30, 1997.
96 loads of Minntac iron ore for Geneva Steel, pulled by a trio of new EMD SD9043MACs, rolls through Riverton on Sept. 1, 1997.
A pair of EMD GP60s, assigned to UP's Geneva Turn and Tintic Locals, take the evening off spotted in the former D&RGW Provo Yard on Sept. 7, 1997. The UP 5876 was the first former SP GP60 to be re... (more)
A 16 car National Model Railroad Association special crests 5032 ft. York Summit in southern Utah County on June 25, 1997.
An eastbound mixed freight meets a local switch engine at the Rio Grande passenger station in Provo on June 26, 1976.
A well dressed quartet of blue and gold Motive Power Industries SD40M-2s pull a Utah Railway export coal train west through the mouth of Spanish Fork Canyon on July 3, 1991.
Trackwork has come to a standstill to allow a pair of eastbound trains to pass CP RG672 Narrows in Spanish Fork Canyon on July 25, 1997.
Union Pacific's Chevron Local, lead by Rio Grande GP40 No. 3132 meets a Utah Railway RUT311 local, lead by MidSouth GP10 No. 1030 at Grant Tower in Salt Lake City on Aug. 13, 1997.
Rio Grande SW1200 sits forlorn in the SLGW yard in Salt Lake City on Aug. 29, 1997. The 132 was built by EMD for the D&RGW in Dec. 1964. It was wrecked on the Southern Pacific at Roper Yard on Apr... (more)
The Midvale Tramp departs Magna with 8 cars for Roper Yard on Aug. 29, 1997.
A place where time stood still.