Caboose hop heads north through Blue Island.
This may have been the smallest engine terminal on the C&O
C&O #8016 is a former Clinchfield F5 that was rebuilt as an F7 and later used by CSX. The unit is now owned by the C&O Historical Society and leased to the Potomac Eagle Scenic where it serves as... (more)
Left Superman behind hours ago... a pan at 1/6th.
This Northbound train from Cincinnati is about to swing on to the old B&O to Chicago. This line is now abandoned south of North Judson IN.
Before the arrival of the GP15T's these old Geeps held down the assignments on the New Rock Sub. The former Rock Island Employees were well versed on these units for they resembled the Rocks own ... (more)
The Ottawa to Henry turn is approaching the old Big Four line to Zearing IL. This train has L&N switchers and Alcos in tow for Chrome Crankshaft at Silvis IL. The Iowa Railroad will forward thes... (more)
Dinky-doo. C&O #8016 on the South Branch. This picture is not that far from reality. Have a look here.
C&O #490: One of my all time favorite engines - built by ALCO in 1926 as a Pacific, the C&O rebuilt this engine as a streamlined Hudson in 1946 for "Chessie" service, the C&O’s hope for t... (more)
C&O 5744 rests in the bitter cold at the Bison Yard engine terminal. The temperature was at 24 below zero on this morning.
The C&O's eastbound local arrives at Doswell.
The classy cab interior of an EMD GP7.
A C&O brakeman observes the sights from the platform as he lights his pipe on this unusually cold summer night. Lighting provided by the C&O Historical Society.
A conductor watches over the shove as an oncoming light engine approaches. Lighting provided by the C&O Historical Society.
A classy C&O GP7 sits on display in the C&OHS Smith's Creek Yard under clear skies. In the background, progress can be seen on the newest addition to the grounds, a replica C&O depot.