Westbound freight train behind D&H 1216 at Waverly, NY in July 1975. Photograph by John F. Bjorklundmore)
That's right...D&H...the last Geeps still wearing this paint still use the D&H reporting marks. Taylor Local is heading out to Yatesville. Trailing is an equally rare STLH.
Looking sharp in the afternoon sun, an ex-LV C420 in fairly fresh D&H paint peaks out of the enginehouse at Mechanicville. Sister C420, still in Cornell Red, and ex-RDG GP39-2 wait outside.
Shark burbles through a rock cut on the way back from Rutland to Whitehall.
The third of three PA powered Framingham-Boston morning commuter trains, accelerates toward the Hub on Conrail's former Boston and Albany main line next to the Mass. Turnpike. The D&H units lead o... (more)
D&H 7303 leads CP train 270, running wrong main, past the Westbound 318 semaphore in the Canisteo River Valley.
An unusual leader on CP train 223 shown here as it starts it 's climb up Bowker Hill. This is the site of a major derailment January 8, 2001 that derailed 59 loaded grain cars after the engineer l... (more)
A typical Guilford-era consist on the D&H leads a northbound as it approaches the former Lackawanna East Binghamton yard. The second unit, C420 #414, now on the Delaware Lackawanna, has remarkabl... (more)
Quartet of GP39-2s.
Burbling back to the house track.
Climbing away from Oneonta
Railfans converge on EMDs. A year previous, the D&H had no EMDs on the roster. April 1976 changed all that. Here are seven of them. Six GP39-2s and a GP38-2.
Returning from Rutland
Once a 100% Alco railroad, the D&H turned GE for new power after Alco's demise purchasing U30Cs, U33Cs and U23Bs. In 1976, the D&H turned to EMD, inheriting some Reading (GP39-2) and Lehigh Valle... (more)