UP GP60 No. 1100 and GP40-2 No. 1379 await a nocturnal call on the Pioneer Local out of North Yard in Salt Lake City on Dec. 28, 2016.
RSSX 4471 switches loads of petroleum coke on UP's Chevron spur in Salt Lake City on Dec. 28, 2016. The RSSX (Rail Switching Service) geep was built in 1951 and traces its origins to the Chicago, ... (more)
Union Pacific's LUE51 local departs Salt Lake City bathed in a golden sunlight on Dec. 28, 2016.
A battle-worn Southern Pacific SD40T-2 leads a 102 car MDVRO train through Price Canyon at Castle Gate on Aug. 26, 2000.
Mature spear thistle plants greet the arrival of a well powered MRONY train on the former D&RGW at Gilluly on July 24, 2009.
UP 7680 leads a loaded eastbound dirt train on the Provo Subdivision.
UP 1989 trails DPU nose out on a loaded dirt train headed for Columbia Junction, Utah.
Chicago & North Western C44-9Ws No. 8617, 8625 and Union Pacific C41-8W No. 9549 pull Southern Pacific's Intermountain Power to Skyline coal train through the Red Narrows of Spanish Fork Canyon on... (more)
It's 8:03AM, and 6 degrees Fahrenheit, in Scofield Utah, at an elevation of 7,739 feet. Amtrak's train number 6, the eastbound California Zephyr, is barreling through a fresh dusting of snow, just... (more)
Twenty four years ago today, the Midvale Tramp local rolls through Kearns with 40 cars for Roper Yard. On the point are GP30s No. 3004, 3021, and 3001 on Dec. 26, 1992.
Forty years ago today, Utah Railway Alco RSD-4s No. 300, 301, 302, 305 and RSD-5 No. 306 are ready to haul a Martin Turn out of Provo Yard on December 26, 1976.
On Christmas Eve 1987, Rio Grande train No. 142 climbs through the Red Narrows of Spanish Fork Canyon.
Two sets of new GE C44-9W units await coal train assignments out in Provo, Utah on Feb. 10, 1995.
Utah Railway Alco RSD-15 No. 403 rests at Provo Yard after returning from Martin with a coal train on May 28, 1977. The 403 was built the Atchison Topeka & Santa Fe 847 in June of 1960.
Rio Grande SD9 No. 5306 works the north end of Helper Yard on a sunny Feb. 6, 1977 morning. The 1750 HP EMD was from an order for 10 units (DRGW 5305-5314) delivered in July 1957. It would be reti... (more)