NS boxes get off the IC main and onto the Springfield line at Gilman. It was this arrangement that spelled the end of the old Wabash as a through route from Chicago to Decatur.
A CN SD40 and two ex-IC SD40-2s lead a southbound manifest through Gilman. Gotta love the old sytle-G signals.
The local south to Gibson City waits at Gilman for a few mainline trains to pass before heading south.
A TPW job gets ready to head west away from the rising sun after switching the grain elevator on the west side of town. Note the TP&W written on the crossbuck post.
A southbound CN frieght flies through Gilman as the local power waits to resume switching.
The Gilman local backs under the signal bridge on its way into the yard.
6222 followed by 6221 (the local) slips by the recently restored depot.
Check out the funky numberboard.
GTW 4618 sits silently with a string of tank cars in CN's tiny Gilman yard.
A variety four pack of EMDs waits out the afternoon in Gilman. GTW 6225 (GP38-2) is followed by IC 1011 (SD70) CN 5930 (SD40-2) and GTW 4618 (GP9R).
GTW power is not uncommon on the former IC.
Two IC units head through Gilman to pick up their cars. The second unit is the original SD40, built on a SD35 frame.
A CN local with a pair of GTW geeps reverses through Gilman during a switch move.
A pair of GTW geep 38s works a local on the Mainline of Mid-America.