Passing the Thurmond, WV depot is a mixed freight lead by a single GE C40-8w #7329.
Built in 1945 by Lima Locomotive Works, this 2-8-0 served at Fort Eustis for the Fort Eustis Military Railroad. After it was donated to the Crewe Railroad Museum, it was renamed for Norfolk and W... (more)
Built around 1914, in Covington, Virginia this former Chesapeake and Ohio passenger station is now home for the Alleghany Historical Society.
Buckingham Branch GP16 #8 and #3 are seen paired together at the yard in Doswell, Virginia
Just a shell of how this yard use to be. Looking west at the Smith Creek Yard in Clifton Forge, not much remains except the C&O Heritage Center. The equipment pictured, in various states of repa... (more)
Even though this January day is in the 50 degree range, remains of winter storm Jonas can still be seen on the ground in front of Buckingham Branch GP16 #3 in Doswell, Virginia. Behind #3 passes ... (more)
Buckingham Branch GP16 #8 is seen sitting in the Buckingham Branch yard in Doswell, Virginia.
Here sits C&O GP7 #5828 at the C&O Heritage Center in Clifton Forge, Virginia. The replica depot serves as the gift shop for the center.
CSXT GP40-2 #6925 along with sister power sits at the CSX shops in Richmond, Virginia.
Virginia Central steam locomotive 4-6-2 #1286 is seen loaded on a heavy duty flat car. On July 27, 2015 this locomotive along with sister 4-6-2 #1238 left Staunton to ultimately head to Winnipeg,... (more)
Waiting for a chance to fight snow that will never come again. Here sits Chessie System 1961 Jordan snow plow in a West Virginia snow storm in Quinnimont, WV.
Shenandoah Valley Railroad Baldwin #8701 in the yard in Staunton, Virginia. In the background is Durbin and Greenbrier Valley GP9 #6512.
Chesapeake and Ohio caboose #3168 that is sitting at the C&O Heritage Center in Clifton Forge, Virginia.
Chesapeake and Ohio logo that appears on caboose #90219 that is at the C&O Heritage Center in Clifton Forge, Virginia.
A mixed bag of locomotives and MOW equipment sits beside the CSX shops in Richmond, Virginia.