32. A worm train works the grade at a hard slow steady pace heading west towards Summit.
33. A pretty cool sight watching this train wrap around the mountain sides. I quickly climbed up a hillside to get the angle I wanted for this shot. Out of breath but it still worked out. Day #3 ... (more)
34. This just screams man versus nature or machine versus mountain. You can take your pick.
35. The snow sheds are hard to capture even though there are quite a few of them scattered along Marias Pass to protect against avalanches.
36. She'll be coming round the mountain
When she comes
She'll be coming round the mountain
When she comes
She'll be coming round the mountain,
She'll be comi... (more)
37. The Java Creek Trestle has been shot a time or two. I have almost made my way back to Essex where I will pick up my girlfriend and start heading west once again. My previous night travels brou... (more)
38. Amtrak 8 breaks into an opening as it prepares for a stop at Essex, MT.
39. A under shot bridge in my book, looks pretty stunning with the lifting clouds coming out of the trees.
40. Just over 1600 miles logged in 3 days of my trip so far. Getting close to my furthest points North and West of the trip where I found this remote controlled WAMW locomotive. It doesn't have di... (more)
41. The age of this sign matches the age of this whole area of western Montana. This the third landscape transformation of my trip just in Montana.
42. Western Montana action at it's finest. After this train I will head south on Highway 56 to the Montana Rail Link.
43. Standing on a rock cut right above the tracks.
44. A mighty fine self portrait if you don't mind me saying.
45. The only train I will see on the Montana Rail Link on my 138 mile drive along MRL tracks on day 3 until I get to the Missoula yard. I did see a bunch of signs warning of mountain sheep and lon... (more)
46. Sun has risen just not high enough as my first train of the day heads west towards Missoula. Day 4 has started well all ready. It just won't last.