A southbound Conrail local freight crawls over the walkway to a house south of Queen, PA on October 1, 1982 with NW2 No. 9185.
A southbound Conrail local freight slowly ambled along on the Bedford Secondary south of Queen, PA on October 1, 1982 with NW2 No. 9158. The Bedford Secondary would be sold and become today's Eve... (more)
C&O NW2 No. 5068 was going about the business of loading C&O car ferry "City of Midland 41" at Ludington, MI June 16, 1981. I remember being amazed at just how much the ship would lean to one sid... (more)
Dixie River Railroad NW2 #415 on the Wiregrass Central at Enterprise, AL || March 1991
Clinchfield NW2 #356 (former Jacksonville Terminal) working the yard at Erwin, TN || March 1971
A westbound IHB local passes Homan Tower, which is slated to be torn down rather soon.
Back in '05 the Black Lick was still using the front doors of their shop building, and the 2000, finished with its work for the day, is being readied to be backed into the cavernous shop for the n... (more)
With only 8.5 miles of track, welcome Southern Switching Company (SSC) to Railpictures.net. The entire roster is shown here doing the first job of the morning. These two rare units haven't been se... (more)
Georgia Railroad NW2 #905 was built September 1949 and served its owner for 34 years. Upon retirement, unit was sold to PNC for disposition
In the 1970s, Precision National Company leased engines to a number of railroads. Years later, locomotive leasing was not uncommon at all, but PNC was one of the first to offer locomotives on sho... (more)
Georgia Railroad NW2 #904, built in September 1949, has been retired and is in the Georgia Railroad Hulsey Yard dead-line
Georgia Railroad NW2 #905, built in September 1949, has been retired and is awating shipment to PNC
Heber Valley Railroad's 'Tube and Train' rambles slowly through new snow approaching the end of it's journey at Heber City, Utah.
Georgia Railroad NW2 #904 at Georgia Railroad's Hulsey Yard. #904 was built September 1949. Upon retirement, unit was sold to PNC, then later to Azcon.
Georgia Railroad NW2 #901 was built April 1948 and served its owner for 35 years