19. The last of the flat ground I will see as I head west as you can see the looming mountains in the background.
20. I assume all the heat waves are being caused by the dynamic brakes keeping this train under control as it makes it's way out of the mountains and onto the plains.
21. The shadows creep up quickly in the mountains but boy does the sky start to light up. The snow is starting to accumulate as I work my way up the eastern side.
22. The flame orange skies are all that is left of the sun as an eastbound grain train heads for the summit crossing Sheep's Creek Trestle. There are no goats present today but when they are they ... (more)
23. The brightest moon lit landscape I have ever witnessed. Done with my supper at the Isaak Walton Inn, I made a trip back to East Glacier to shoot the trains at night. A BNSF train snakes along ... (more)
24. This will eventually be where I lay my head for the night. Yep, the hotel in the back ground, The Isaak Walton Inn. My pockets weren't deep enough for the Great Northern Suite and my one night... (more)
25. The power level that the moon was at this night was unbelievable. A train can be spotted running through the pines west towards Essex as it crosses the Sheep's Creek Trestle. What a fun sight ... (more)
26. A westbound works the grade to the summit of Marias Pass as it lights up the highway's continental divide road sign.
27. An early rise got me out on the road well before the sun pulled the covers off. Leaving Essex and heading back east again hoping to catch some action at the Two Medicine Bridge. Halfway there ... (more)
28. The orange DPU really pops of the white mountain backdrop.
29. The sun finally pops out from behind the mountain and sheds gorgeous light on the well known Two Medicine Bridge as a grain train glides above the just as famous barn.
30. Hard not too shoot this impressive sights in Montana!
31. As I stood along the road to shoot this train a US Border Patrol Truck and Officer was out patrolling the area.
32. A worm train works the grade at a hard slow steady pace heading west towards Summit.
33. A pretty cool sight watching this train wrap around the mountain sides. I quickly climbed up a hillside to get the angle I wanted for this shot. Out of breath but it still worked out. Day #3 ... (more)