A GP35 leads the way west past BART tower and the former PRR depot in 1977.
CN SD60 5463 leads NS 55X west under the NYC signals in Elkhart.
Built in 1910, Gary Union Station served the New York Central and the Baltimore & Ohio until the 1950's. It was closed as railroad travel fell out of fashion. The station deteriorated further as t... (more)
With headlights dimmed and ready for a meet, this eastbound freight splits Chesterton in two.
SOU 3304 and its two mates lead a mixed freight west on the former Nickel Plate Road Chicago-Fort Wayne line.
NS train running west down the Porter Branch splitting the signals headed towards Willow Springs.
A rather short stack train has no problem handling Otis Hill this morning.
SD38 655 is running long hood forward as it leads a mixed freight west on the EJ&E's eastern branch known as the Porter Line in 1983.
One of the local's out of Burns Harbor heads eastbound towards Michigan City and beyond to work customers.
A view of two interlocking towers in 1973. Looking northeast on the EJ&E Porter Line is HO tower (N&W, ex NKP, crossing) in the foreground and BART tower (PC, ex PRR, crossing) in the distance. Th... (more)
Heading east on this elevated curve, we see this load enroute to Elkhart.
South Shore's Belt Job rolls through Miller.
An Indiana Harbor Belt SD20 leads a lengthy cut of autoracks out of Gibson Yard for headroom.
A pair of six axle Genset motors lead IHB 115 west through Ogden Dunes at milepost 488 on the NS Chicago Line.
NS 375 rolls along the New Albany Flood Wall.