The only change E&LS made to ex Calumet & Hecla Mining S-12 was the name on the hood. C&H was the largest copper mining company in Michigan's Keweenaw Penninsula and operated a small fleet of Bald... (more)
The SDL39 was a branch line diesel built only for the Milwakee Road. To save weight the units used export C trucks and a Turbo-charged 12 cylinder engine.
In 1980 B&O SW1 8413 & 8414 were assigned to C&O's Dean yard to switch DOW Chemical's power plant.
Note the Baldwin switchers in the distance at this CP water-front yard.
GTW SD40 5919 & GP9 4438 await their next assignment in Durand MI.
GTW GP38-2 5816 heads off the Port Huron-Chicago main into the Durand yard.
Built in 1946 for the Detroit & Mackinac, TSBY RS-2 466 rolls north with one car for the elevator in Richville MI.
Two C&O company service cars sit outside the car shops.
Chessie System ex Reading T1 2101 rests over the weekend inside one of the shop buildings at the C&O Wyoming yard.
JNR DD13-133 switches a small hump yard in northern Tokyo.
Stripped of all useable parts D&M RS-2 4610 sits in the weeds at ALPENA MI in 1997. Built in 1946 it will not be until 2005 that this unit is finally scrapped.
D&M MK rebuilt RS-3u 975