A study of a 60+ year old Pure Oil tank car truck journal box showing every bit of it's age.
The locotracteur Crochat has been built in 1916. It has been painted with a camouflage livery and was used by the French army during WW1.
Until the company went belly up, Kentucky's South East Coal operated its own locomotives and cars on the L&N (later Seaboard System and CSX) Eastern Kentucky Subdivision. These three GP20s (with t... (more)
Night working near the station Bassersdorf at 1.30am
Former SBB diesellocomotive Bm 6/6 # 18511 from 1961, now owned and operated by Schorno Locomotive Management Gmbh in Winterthur, on the open doors day 2014 in Bahnpark Brugg (AG) on the turntable... (more)
Privately owned former work locomotive of the Swiss Locomotive and Machine Works Winterthur (SLM) (built in 1910) made the shuttle service between Brugg station and the Bahnpark on the ocasion of ... (more)
Old school dispatching. The track panels and boards from CN Wellington tower which once controlled movements for all of central Montreal are now preserved at Hays Station at Exporail. The t... (more)
Dwarfed by the enormous looking woodchip loader, this trackmobile which is a new addition for Langdale Lumber is seen at work shuffling chip hoppers. The line that goes off to the right is the Val... (more)
ex SP 4001. Chrome Crankshaft lease unit. From my collection, photographer unknown.
An ex-MILW SW1 under the ownership of the Renville Elevator Company near the Canadian border.
E40 128 of the DB Museum Koblenz is bringing 103 226-7 of the "Lokomotiv Club 103 e.V." back to Cologne Deutz after the summer festival, shot was taken near the station Bonn-Oberkassel
111 001 with a TEE special train arriving at Remagen Station on a sunny afternoon. Coming from the summer festival of the DB Museum Koblenz.
"Habersack" Eb 3/5 # 5810 of association Dampfbahn Bern is pulling a train from Worb SBB to Konolfingen near Trimstein.
Former South Africa Railways (now BCL) 4-8-2 Class 19D No. 805 takes water at the Selebi Phikwe shed.
Streamliners at Spencer as viewed from one of the many roundhouse stalls where cab tours on select units were taking place.