A3 Pacific "Flying Scotsman", 60103, crosses the Great Western Railway Usk bridge in Newport city, working the 18:53 “Cathedral Express” (1Z70) to Gloucester via Lydney.
Since 1996 the "pacific" 01 519 (former Deutsche Reichsbahn) is owned and operated by Eisenbahnfreunde Zollernbahn. The driving wheels have a diameter of 2 meters (6.56 feets).
Built in 1915, 608 was dedicated as a war memorial honoring the railwaymen who did not return from WW1. It is owned by New Zealand Railway & Locomotive Society and leased to Steam Inc. The annual ... (more)
When O.S. Nock visited Miyazaki depot he had the good fortune to find this C57 Pacific bedecked with two Japanese flags and a golden chrysanthemum after working the Imperial train. Within hours it... (more)
Now at rest inside the roundhouse at the California State Railroad Museum, Southern Pacific P-8 Class Pacifc #2467 is on loan from the City of Oakland and the Pacific Locomotive Association. 2467... (more)
California, 1943- a female hostler has just finished tending to P-8 Pacific #2467 inside the Sacramento Roundhouse. Soon the husky Pacific will be backed out, serviced, and assigned to a troop tr... (more)
In 1927, the Baltimore and Ohio ordered 20 P-7 class Pacifics for service on the New York – Washington Royal Blue Line service. In an attempt to gain notice fr... (more)
"Four and a quarter" stays warm facing two days of photo charters beginning the next morning.
Derailment during WW II
The Delmarva Chicken Festival Train A Roger Puta Photograph
Steamtown’s engine crew poses for a small gathering of photographers during the runaround move at Elmhurst, Pennsylvania. Although they took the time to acknowledge us, they appear to be all busin... (more)
"Flying Scotsman" guides a Pullman Dining train out of Sheffield Park with the last half hour of daylight.