Passing the 1869 depot at Gold Hill, the excursion from Virginia City rounds the curve and attacks the mountains once again.
Rural Railroadin' on the A&A
St. Paul Union Depot GE center cab no. 441 shuffles Burlington's Silver Express baggage car on the east leads to St. Paul Union Depot on a sunny April 1970 morning. This was during the brief perio... (more)
Amidst a quiet night in interurban Georgia, a GE 44-ton sits in rough condition outside of the PowerRail shop in Monroe.
C&TS 44-tonner (weight 47 tons apparently) #19 was sent over to C&TS from Oahi Railway & Land Co. in 1972.
Yes, indeed, they use P-train symbols!!
On a rare Sunday move Alexander Railroad GE 44 Tonner 3 retrieves some cars from the interchange with Norfolk Southern
Alexander Railroad's remaining 44-tonner makes a rare appearance on a Sunday afternoon doing some switching at the NS interchange in Statesville and a couple local industries.
This static display of the A&A's first diesel #110 still with a boxcar and caboose sits proudly in the village. Giving great photo opportunities to anyone who strolls along.
Strasburg's ex-PRR 44-tonner runs around its train with the late J. H. Leath at the throttle and the late N. W. Bowers braking, on a Lancaster Chapter NRHS Picnic Special headed to Groff's Grove. ... (more)
Former CN GE 44-ton #4 parked beside former CN 250 ton wreck crane #50387. The crane, serial number 12325, was built in 1956 by Industrial-Brownhoist and was donated to the museum by CN in 2000.
Former CN GE 44-ton #4 with ex-CN F3 9000. In the shop is privately owned ex-CN FP9 6311, which has been repainted to CN’s 1954 green and black paint scheme.