SP 1518, the first SD-Series locomotive, sits at the Illinois Railway Museum
Not a pair of locomotives you can find just any where... The WC unit began life as BN 6539 in 1971. The MN&S is a DT6-6-2000 and was built 12/48.
The first "SD" built, May 1951. Late evening sun highlights another of the historic units at the Illinois Railway Museum.
The 92, looking good in her Super Fleet paint, sits on the west wye at IRM.
BN-1 hangs out with BN-3 and Illinois Terminal 1605 on a hot summer day.
CB&Q 504 spends the night on the main after being hand washed for Diesel Days.
The morning line up on the east end of yard 5.
Two versions of the EMD cowl unit nose are represented in Barn 9 at IRM by CB&Q E5(A) 9911-A and MILW F7(A) 118-C. HDR composite from three exposures.
MILW 265 and South Shore "Little Joe" 803 rest in barn 9 at IRM. Note the Soo Line tile inlay in the concrete floor. HDR composite from three exposures.
Under the wires, a rare "revenue" move of UP equipment comes off the IRM mainline and into station track two.
CNW 8701 departs the IRM for West Chicago, Elmhurst and downtown Chicago.
CNW 8701 heads westbound past the semaphores at Karsten's Crossing.
CNW 8701 arrives station track 2 with the excursion train from Belvidere as the 411 prepares to depart on station track 1 for Kishwaukee Grove.