MARC 875 pauses briefly after unloading passengers from DC and surrounding suburbs as CSX local D786 led by slug set 2290 (ex B&O GP35) and CSX 6484 (ex C&O SD40-2) begins to merge off the Old Mai... (more)
Two engines lead a single dumpster flat Eastbound through Rocks. The duo would later return with the trailing SD40-3 leading and a full mixed freight in tow.
An increasingly rare sight with MARC 70 GP39-2 leading the P877 bringing commuters from Washington DC to the suburbs. Shown stopping at the beautiful Point of Rocks station.
CSX B667 passes the famous E Francis Baldwin designed station on the Metropolitan Sub at Point of Rocks, MD on the evening of June 15, 2018. B667 is one of the many symbols being used by the railr... (more)
A SCENE WITHIN A SCENE
CSX B705 helper set returning to Brunswick, MD passes Point of Rocks as a local painter looks on practicing his craft.
Arriving at Point of Rocks
Westbound on the Old Main Line
Two 1966-built SD40s are pushing an eastbound freight up the old B&O mainline, with a Vesuvian plume of smoke emanating from the ex-WM unit, No. 7572.
Historic Point of Rocks railroad station marks the junction between CSX's "Metropolitan Subdivision" from Washington, DC to Weverton, MD and the "Old Main Line Subdivision" from Baltimore, MD. A w... (more)
An eastbound CSX unit coal train switches onto the old B&O Metropolitan Sub, passing the new flood-proof relay boxes
A Roger Puta Photograph
An empty autorack west heads to Connellsville with some EMD power.
CSX 8733 and CSX 552 lead an empty autorack train past the historic EF Baldwin design Point of Rocks station. The station was built by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad in 1873.
SD 50 8511 & 8507 are waiting in Point of Rocks [MD] for the return trip to Brunswick
A well-worn E-Unit makes its station stop at the "B&O's church." No. 66 was built for the CB&Q as E8A No. 9972 in August of 1953 and was later rebuilt by Morrison-Knudson in the 1970s. ... (more)