Looking through the operator’s window of a motorcar sitting on the track between the roundhouse and shop at North Fond du Lac’s Shops Yard reveals Soo Line GP38-2 No. 4435 sitting quietly on the t... (more)
A bright and fresh pair of ES44ACs lead this local south from Neenah as they approach the north end of Shops Yard.
A little red, white, and blue for your Independance Day. The local Quad-Lomira job readies for it's run to the south for the afternoon drop-off.
Looking like one of the creatures from the 2010 movie Monsters,the sand tower stretches its tentacle like hoses reaching out for a locomotive to sand.
Outbound power ready to go at North Fond du Lac,WI. round house.
Two C&NW southbounds side by side on the old double track at North Fond du Lac Yard.
A pair of ponies lead this junk freight drag south through North Fond du Lac
A pair of rebuilt fallen-flag EMD switcher units, IC 1492 (SW14) and WC 1570 (SW1500), work the south end of CN's Shops Yard
One of the few remaining SD40-3's left in Illinois Central paint, this unit is running lite power back into Shops Yard toward the Roundhouse lead for some fuel and sand before its next assignment
Here is a GP7 with its large UDE light...this is an early GP7.
A set of power at the yard in the early morning. C&NW was the only road to have ordered SD45's without dynamic brakes. Kodachrome II film with a Miranda G camera.
Ever on the look out for more traffic the WC handled unit ballast trains for GTW for a few years. These originated near Virginia, MN and moved DWP to Duluth, WC Duluth to GTW Chicago then on to tr... (more)
SD40 square off: Two Soo Line SD40s idle in the engine facility at Shops Yard at North Fond du Lac, Wisconsin, in November 1984.