Two months before the Penn Central takeover, New Haven train 71 between Springfield, MA, and Grand Central Terminal pauses under the catenary at Milford, CT, behind a pair of FL9s. Note the two RP... (more)
On a long summer evening, a former New Haven EP-5 class electric, now a Penn Central E40, races through Milford, CT, with a Grand Central-New Haven rush hour commuter train. These big GE motors we... (more)
Just a few months into revenue service and doing what it was built to do, a United Aircraft TurboTrain races through Milford, CT, on its way from New York to Boston. At the time the Turbos covered... (more)
On a spring afternoon, a set of Metro North's M-2 class MUs rattles the Wepawaug River bridge at Milford, CT, while en route from New Haven to Grand Central terminal.
An ex-New Haven Alco Century 425 fronting a pair of U25Bs smokes things up a bit on an eastbound freight at Milford, CT. This train, bound for Cedar Hill Yard in New Haven, originated at the EL/L&... (more)
A pair of Penn Centralized FL9s lead a lengthy Grand Central-New Haven evening rush hour commuter train through Milford, CT. The relatively poor acceleration of the FL9s as compared with electric ... (more)
CDOT GP40-2H 6699 heads Metro-North train 1169 westbound in Milford.
Waterbury train 6930 heads north through the Devon wye at CP-500 in Milford.
A somewhat weathered E60 leads a southbound Boston-Washington corridor train under former New Haven catenary at Milford, CT. The protective window grates did not improve the appearance of these bi... (more)
Amtrak's heritage ACS-64 642 "America's Railroad Salutes Our Veterans" leads Northeast Regional 99 over the Wepawaug River in Milford. The popular Stonebridge Restaurant is seen on the l... (more)
P&W NH-1 is seen holding for northbound mini-bomb 1916 on Metro-North's Waterbury Branch ballast siding in Milford. Once the passenger train clears, NH-1 will head south onto the main then reverse... (more)
Westbound deadhead train 1169 to Stamford. CDOT GP40-2H 6698 is a former Clinchfield Railroad GP38 built in April of 1967.