Two Green Bay and Western Ionic Century 424's are hauling freight westward to the CB&Q connection at Winona. These Centuries were closely watched up until the CN bought out the GB&W in the nineti... (more)
The end is nearing for the GBW and Alco fleet but in 1992 the shops and yard in Green Bay are still active. The 308 and an E & LS SD-9 are at the sanding tower.
WC 3004 is about to cross the CNW at Tavil in December of 1992. Tavil, located in Green Bay, WI had this unusual gate to guard the crossing.
CNW 4145 heads back to the yard in Green Bay while the GBW Boat Train, led by Alco C424 #320 waits on the Fox River bridge for it's turn at the diamond in October of 1988.
CNW Alco S2 no. 1098 is parked at the CNW passenger station in Green Bay. The unit was used to switch passenger cars around as needed, handling the remaining CNW passenger service into and through... (more)
Green Bay and Western's business car #901 rests at Norwood Yard in Green Bay, WI in December of 1986. Originally from the UP fleet, the car eventually ended up on the Algoma Central.
FRVR 1702 passes Broadway Tower in Green Bay, WI as it departs the CNW yard for Butler, WI in December of 1992. Broadway Tower has to rank right up there as one of the smallest 2 story towers in t... (more)
Green Bay & Western Alco FA-1 No.501 and 502 at Green Bay, Wisconsin August 02, 1964. Photo taken from my slide collection, no photographer listed.
Bob Zwiers photo.
GBW switches their small yard near Broadway Tower in Green Bay, WI in December of 1987. A CNW caboose is trailing a freight as it enters the CNW yard.
Time for a facelift. Before MILW 261 became the star of the Midwest, she was at the Green Bay RR Museum. She certainly looks better now than when this photo was taken in June of 1983.
Drumheads were once part of many passenger trains, and like the great trains they adorned, most have disappeared, never to be seen again. The Green Bay RR museum has a nice selection of drumheads ... (more)
Fort Howard Paper 63-146 switches the plant in Green Bay in June of 1983. This unit has been saved at the Green Bay RR museum.
The Milwaukee Road had 2 extended vision cabooses and 1 of them rests in the yard in Green Bay, WI.
GBW 305 crosses the C&NW mainline as it switches the yard in Green Bay, WI in Sep of 1988.