A matched set of CSX coal trains sit along the eastbound main in Brunswick waiting for their turn to be unloaded in Baltimore.
A "ghost" E-Unit at Brunswick. (Rebuilt EMD E9AM; built as IC 4023 E8A, April, 1951.) The MARC station was designed by Ephraim Francis Baldwin, and opened in 1891.
The Capitol Limited with two AEM-7s in tow has just begun it's journey west to Chicago passing by the DC suburb of Brunswick, Maryland. The AEM-7s AMTK 942 and 928 will continue their trip past Ch... (more)
CSX train Q137 passes by the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad 1891 station in Brunswick, MD designed by famed architect E. Francis Baldwin.
“Off the Showroom Floor. Almost.”By October 21, 1984, this pair of Chessie System units looks to have seen some very limited revenue service, but, having just been built in August, they... (more)
Having loaded the final commuters for the morning, train P880 departs Brunswick, bound for Washington D.C. with cab car #8046 showing the way east.
The Capitol Limited races west from Washington, DC passing a MARC GP39H2 that arrived Brunswick, MD shortly before Amtrak with the evening return of the commuters to the suburbs.
A rare sight on the MARC, the GP39H2s do occasionally show up as leaders. This former B&O engine is stopped at the Brunswick station during the evening rush.
The DME 4002, CP 4452 and CP 5040 sit in Brunswick yard after bringing in a grain train for Miller Milling. In the background a pair of CSX engines can be seen backing against their train on track... (more)
On a nice day while a BBQ competition goes on in Brunswick, a auto rack train with a nice EMD leading the way.
CSX 116 being leased by MARC
Eastbound Trailer Jet is departing Brunswick, Maryland. It is passing helper power parked in the pocket track.
A loaded rock train rolls west through Brunswick, MD. This train likely loaded at Milville,WV on the Shenandoah Sub and is bound for a rock yard in the Washington DC area.
A trio of eastbound freights await crews at Brunswick on a clear summer morning.
Ex-BN/CB&Q E9-rebuilds, elephant-style, running out their last days in MARC commuter service. No. 69 was built by EMD in December, 1955 as the CB&Q 9986B and was later renumbered to 9981 and then... (more)