The Soviet locomotive class P36 (Russian: П36) was a Soviet mainline passenger steam locomotive type. Between 1950 and 1956, 251 locomotives were built. The locomotives were nicknamed "Generals" because of the red stripe down the side. The P36 had the same power as a class IS locomotive but the axle loading of 18 tons allowed its use on the vast majority of Russian railway lines, replacing class Su 2-6-2s and significantly increasing the weight of passenger trains. The P36 was the last type of mainline steam locomotive built in Russia and the last one built, P36-0251, was the last steam locomotive produced by Kolomna Works. Though sometimes described as the "Victory" type locomotive, that moniker actually belongs to the class L 2-10-0 built between 1945 and 1947.