Gliding past Sutter's. WW&F Locomotive #9 drifts toward Sutter's Crossing, with three coaches in tow, on the southbound run from Alna Center, during the WW&F Museum's Victorian Christmas Event. It's just past 11 AM and this train is pretty empty as most of the folks who rode the northbound trip have elected to stay in Alna Center and participate in some of the activities going on there.
The consist today is an interesting mix of both original and replica equipment. Of course, Locomotive #9 is an 1891 Portland Company Product, which ran on 4 of Maine's 2-foot lines, including the original WW&F. Behind that is Combine #8, which is owned by the WW&F Museum. It is a replica piece that was constructed in the 1980s at Edaville Railroad in Massachusetts. Although it was built as a coach, it was recently converted to a combine by the museum, in order to better accommodate folks with disabilities. Behind #8 is Bridgton Coach #11. This is an original car from the Bridgton & Harrison Railroad, but back in the day, it was a baggage express. It is owned by the Boothbay Railway Village, which hopes to eventually restore it to its original role. Bringing up the red flags today is Wiscasset & Quebec Coach #3. This is an original, 1895 era Jackson & Sharpe product, which ran on the W&Q and was eventually sold to the Bridgton & Harrison. It is now owned by the WW&F Museum.