Chesapeake Western's V94 (Broadway) train is tied down in the Monger's siding for the weekend. Other than CW's current office (the building just to the right of the loco out of the shot) the remaining structures on this street (Chesapeake Ave.) belongs to RS Monger's & Sons. In years past CW served several businesses from a feed mill (whose old clay stone silos still stand) to a grain store, freight warehouse along with supplying Monger's with lumber, coal, sand, stone and various other building materials. Monger's still receives its lumber by rail but all other products are now delivered by truck and the tracks are now used as yard storage for the CW.
Solely the CW Past and Present.
July 5, 1895 CW moved its first load of freight and although its existence is merely on paper today, its roots run deep. 122 years and still moving freight. The CW operates as a subsidiary of Norfolk Southern.