Penn Central was less than a year old (and still solvent!) in December of 1968. A pair of GE E44 electrics still in PRR paint have brought a manifest over Newark Bay into the Greenville section of... (more)
PRR GG1s and B1s, Queens, 1964. Sunnyside Yard was (and still is) the coach yard serving Manhattan's Penn Station.
That day's quest was the legendary DD1 side-rod electric, which didn't seem to... (more)
The morning fog has not yet burned off as a bluebonnet F7 leads a sizable train on one of Santa Fe's many Kansas branchlines. Scanned from High Speed Ektachrome.
Between assignments, Jersey Central kept Lehigh & New England locomotives and cabooses at the CNJ Bethlehem PA station. Also there was this gem of a wood-sheathed snowplow, L&NE #353.
Jersey Central's tower and main line sit abandoned at Nesquehoning Junction, located near Jim Thorpe, PA.
Allentown- Scranton traffic had been rerouted to the Lehigh Valley line between Lehig... (more)
An eastbound led by three Alco C628s pauses at the west end telephone shanty before entering Coxton Yard.
The Poughkeepsie Bridge, July 1973. 212 feet above water, and 6768 feet long. Now, it is "...the longest footbridge in the world."
A Penn Central-Erie Lackawanna run-through train rolls eastwa... (more)
Erie Lackawanna Alco S-2, 1963.
A partially-repainted Alco switcher passing Todd Shipyards, Hoboken, New Jersey.
Baltimore & Ohio EMD F7, July 1963.
This unit would soon be repainted in the "sunburst" mostly blue scheme.
Delaware & Hudson Alco and GE run-through power on the Lehigh Valley, 1973.
A D&H Alco C628, running long hood first, leads two GE U33Cs along the Lehigh River at Lehigh Tannery, PA. The train ... (more)
A Lehigh Valley eastbound manifest waits for a clear signal to proceed eastward through Pittston Junction.
The lead unit is a former PRR RS11m, built in 1957.
Note the second unit ... (more)
Flying white flags, a grimy CP Rail M636 and C630 duo lead a westbound over the frozen Ottawa River at Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec. The tracks in the foreground are the parallel CN mainline.
A CP Rail westbound freight moves out in the fading light of a winter afternoon. The FA-2 was built by Montreal Locomotive Works in 1953.
1950 built S-12 #243 idles at the west end of Coxton Yard.
LV #637 leads a C628 trio on an eastbound at the north (RR west) end of Coxton Yard in Duryea, Pennsylvania. All those boxcars were probably picked up at the P&G paper mill in Mehoopany.